Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 27, 2013 letter

Dear Family!

That temperature thing made me laugh because I would love to have your weather right now! And that is so great that everyone is doing so good right now. Carli is already leaving "noooooo." And breanna is gonna have a ton of scars on her legs from her new board or from ryans karate.. I am not sure which one. Dad is gonna be a fitness model when I see him next.. Mom will have a gardening show on the Oprah show. Curt and Vanessa will be professors at BYU Provo before I know it and I will come back and have no idea what in the world is going on. But I am happy that everything is so swell. I had the best week on my entire mission because Elder Holstrom and Elder Holland came and just blew me away with what they had to say to us. Elder Holstrom invited us to take this message and make changes to our lives and mission so he set up the playing field for Elder Holland. And then Elder Holland just came and he was the best. He cracked me up one second and the next he was humbling me and the next the spirit was there. he was basically begging us to bring a convert home with us.. Being ourselves.. they are not asking from us numbers they are asking that we convert ourselves and serve the Lord with everything we have so that we can have the spirit with us at all times and so we can have a lot of success here in the mission and then we can come back and have the lives that heavenly father would have liked. He told us about Moses 1:39... And he said "This is not Burger King.. You cannot have it your way.. Why? Because this is "MY WORK AND MY GLORY"  He told us that when we finally figure out that this is the work of the Lord and not our own that is when we will see miracles in the lives of others. He then was talking about in Helaman how they taught with authority and power. And how he wrote that 3 times in like 3 verses. And he asked us.. "Why does he say that 3 times.. He is writing this on plates of gold with a huge ice pick and he takes the time to write it 3 times that they had power and authority!" He explained that we need to have that power and that we need to make the ground shake like it did for Alma for our investigators that we have the salvation in our hands and if we do the work like the Lord wants they will be converts but we need to be those converts first. I loved it all and I made some new goals for myself on the mission. Because he also told us what dad always tells me. That this is the only time I can serve the Lord 24/7.. Take advantage of it!

I know this is the only true church. I want to represent it in a way that God would be pleased with me. God Lives and Christ directs this work.

Love Elder Cramer

No comments:

Post a Comment