Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The last few weeks of letters...Jan 14, 21, 28




Jan 28, 2013

Hey familia-- Buenas tardes!

Indiana is so bipolar. But already mexico is getting all hot again. I am not looking forward to it.  I hope that I go back to Durango again in the summer because here in Gomez it gets way over 100 degrees and I dont know if I can put up with that. Like the snow in Indiana, my skin will melt.. :O

And I am looking forward to recieving your voice messages and sending some back to you guys :D And no, Insanity (workout videos) has not arrived yet that I know of.. But one day it will :) And right now we have a few investigators that are progressing in Filidelfia 2 (which is his area). But we had transfers today so I got a my new companion, Elder Elsmore.  Actually he is from my generation. He was my companion in the MTC. :) So we are working here but the thing is, we are in charge of all of the ward again.W e have to work in 2 areas once again and that means double the work but double the blessings and investigators. So we have to work doubly hard. :) And this week Elder Olea and I were witnesses for a wedding for my friend Hermano Omar. I am so happy for them because they they wanted to change and so we were able to participate... :) This week I have really been thinking about repentence and how so many people think it is something bad but really it is the miracle that we believe in our church. The ability to change. To become more aligned with what God wants us to be. If we do not use the atonement it is more of a sin than anything.  Because Christ has already paid for each sin.. Regardless of if we repent or not. I am so grateful for what Christ has done for me personally. I know because of his life and death, we can all have eternal life for all time and eternity! I am glad to be able to have my family and friends supporting me to becoming more like our Savior Jesus Christ. When we lose or life in Christ we will find our lives and when we try to find our lives without him we will lose it. I like to think that I am making small baby steps to become more like him :) 


Love you all Elder Cramer

Jan 21, 2013

Hey hey hey fam,

The thing with the weather I thought Indiana was bipolar but then I came here and because it is a desert it is really cold in the mornings so I am walking around preaching with my suitcoat and then during the day I am sweating bullets so I have to shove my suitcoat in my backpack until the night time. And I am excited to get my voice recorder. It is like we will be doing walkie talky just really far away :P And no my new companion did not arrive because my companion Elder Olea will end his mission with me in 10 days. But right after him supposedly I will be having my new companion but they have been saying that for how long now so I am not worried, I am just ready to work :) Our zone conferences are good because my zone leader was my trainer Elder Villacis so I get along really well with them! And yes I will be finishing p90x in 2 days and will be starting insanity I am stoked.  Did you get ahold of Jace because she never answered my email. I hope all is well with her! I have tons of favorite scriptures. Some of the ones that I have really liked as of late are Alma 41:27, Alma 33 (the last scripture), I love all of 2 Nephi 4 since Kim showed me it, I really enjoy the last 8 verses of 2 Nephi when he is saying that if you have faith in Christ you will believe in his words.., I love Alma 5 because of all of the genious questions that make me reflect on myself, I love all of D&C 6 because it explains how to gain a testimony, what blessings we can receive if we share the gospel, and to always do good continually. I love all of Moroni 7 because it explains that all good things come from God and persuades us to do good and all bad things come from satan. There are many more that I really love but I think that right now Alma 41:27 is my favorite because it shows how important it is to make decisions and that we have free agency to choose God over satan! :) My companion actually has the talk that Elder Holland gave for these quotes I think. It is hard to get though because it was an MTC talk. It says that we cannot be like Peter after Jesus Christ died. That we cannot just go and fish after we have received a testimony. That we have to be converts for the rest of our lives before we can even think about other people being converts for the rest of theirs. I really love the talk because it is so inspiring! :D 


p.s How is the p90x 10 minute with tony going? Are you seeing the results? Are you pressing play every day? If not I invite you put in the batteries and kick in in 3rd gear and try again :)

Love Elder Cramer!

Jan. 14, 2013

Hey friends and fam!

What just happened today is that an Elder From Durango named Elder Starkey came to be the companion of Elder Conde and Elder Olea and we moved back into my other house in Filidelfia 2 and we are going to only be working in one area once again. But that is okay with me because Elder Olea will be ending his mission with me in 2 weeks and then I am assuming I will finally train a new Elder that arrives (but nothing is certain on the mission). And then Elder Starkey will be our new District leader because right now Elder Olea is. I am actually really happy to have Elder Olea as my companion because he was my first district leader and is an awesome example for me. He lives in Bountiful Utah and his name is Paul Olea. So in 2 weeks you can talk with him if you would like to haha :) But one week after he arrives in his house he is going to Chili to visit his family because his dad is from there! But the references are coming slowly but surely. Alot of the families I was working with I lost because they are from the other side of Filidelfia but Elder Olea and I have plans to really get alot of investigators these next 2 weeks to prepare for this new elder that comes so we can have alot of success!  I really hope that all goes well with the baby of Sean and Nikelle!! I hope I can see the baby in like a year and a half :)  Jackie is way cool, she will be in Mexico about 6 or 7 hours away from me because her family lives like a state or two below me! And yeah I'm stoked for good ol Will (he as joined the Marines). AndIi actually share alot of stories of Will with my companions because he had a wedgie on the beach with the fam and tons of other goofy stories! (Inside joke) :) And no Insanity(work out video) did not arrive because we haven't had any meetings or anything like that from the zone. And I am trying to find a recorder around here because I'd like to send those I think that is an awesome idea! :D And the pictures you sent did not turn out so can you resend them? Thanks much and I am doing just dandy and sprite here in P90-meXico :D 

Love Elder Cramer!

No comments:

Post a Comment