Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13, 2012 Letter to Family and Friends

Hey hey hey from Mexico,

This week has been by far my favorite because we saw some fruits of our hard work here in Guadiana, Durango! Hermana Maria, Paola, and Jackylyn were baptized this Saturday and on Sunday were confirmed as members and recieved the Holy Ghost. I will tell you there are no words to describe how happy I was during the baptism. I had the opportunity to baptize Paola and Jackylyn and they have such strong testimonies for little girls haha. Jackylyn is extremely shy but reminds me of Breanna lol. Anyways I am so happy that these worthy princesses of God decided to change their life for the best and come unto Christ.

Now my companion and I are going to work on the rest of the family as Hermana Maria has 6 sons that are really special as well but with their work and their doubts they have not showed an incredible amount of interest. But the example of Maria is so strong I know that they will come around. I finished my first cambio in the field which means I have been here for over 6 weeks now. I have the same trainer for another 6 weeks so I am excited for that because Elder Villacis is an amazing missionary. His example of obedience is the best part about him.

The hardest part here is when members active or less active do not want to give references because with this new form of work we cannot function without them. But I know if we take the time to work with everyone and help motivate them all will work out. I hope to work even harder this cambio so I can bring even more people to our Father in heaven. I liked that they said in the little talk for their baptism that right now they are having a fiesta in heaven. I can literally imagine how happy our Father in heaven is when His children decide to be obedient and make covenants with Him to follow his Son always and keep His commandments that we may always have his spirit to be with us. This Sunday we also had assistance of 65 people which is the most we have had so far.

I am doing good and I think I walk over 20 miles each week at least. My shoulders hurt often from lugging around my stuff everywhere but if we have one influenTial lesson it is all worth it. Thanks so much for all the support and I love all of you... Viva en Mexico!

Elder Cramer

No comments:

Post a Comment