Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

July 30, 2012 Letter to Family and Friends

Hey family and friends!

It sounds to me that my family has experienced some troubles gettting to Utah. It sounds crazy and I think all things that are good have a lot of adversity. This week has been a rollercoaster of a sort. And for many others it seems that way as well. This week my companion and I were working hard and I am going to share some experiences. We found about 3 new families that I could see being baptized but that is up to the Lord. One of the families we found when it was raining really hard. They were a references from less active members across the street. We told the members, lets go visit them right now. They said ït is raining like a hurricane¨ my companion and I just smiled and we took some of the plastic covering and we ran across the river in the street and knocked on the door. They had to let us in, what else could they do haha. It was raining cats and dogs. But this family consists of a mother, father, and a little boy about 12. We taught a little bit and asked questions to get to know them. I think the spirit was fairly strong. And they accepted baptismal dates the first lesson. And after our lesson there was no more rain.

And also this week on Saturday my stomache was in tons of pain and i was vomitting alot. I could barely move. Apparently the food here is different than in the US and for that it takes some getting used to. I had to go see a doctor which was just a member. He was really nice and gave me shots but the shots are not given in the same place in the United States either so that was kind of an interesting experience as well. So all of Saturday I just slept in my house and I felt useless as a missionary. But the next day I collected my strength and went to church at 8am. 7 of our investigators showed up and attended. It was the most people we have had thus far. And for this I just want to share that when we are in the midsts of good things there is always adversity. But God never leaves our side. Right now I am still a little sick but I am trying my best to stay in the game. I like in the scriptures in Alma when the people had a heavy burden on their backs. And they were praying vigorously. But then they were not allowed to pray anymore because of a Law. For this the people continued to pray vigorously in their own hearts.
I know God hears our prayers, and in return answers them. The people had their prayers answered and God made their burdens light and that they could bare it with patience. I like that because never does God take away our trials or our challenges. We have them that we can humble our selves, that we can grow, that we can learn to be more like our Savior Jesus Christ. But I love that God makes it possible for us to overcome. And eventually because the people endured it well, the Lord provided a way that they could escape from the people who were holding them captive. I saw the blessings that came with working hard and trying my best this week. I am going to keep trying despite hardships. Because there are people here that need this gospel and Satan knows that. And for all of you who have struggles don´t rely on your own works, let God help!

Love Elder Cramer

Dad Your dream was amazing thank you for sharing that. That was very special I think. I am doing okay here I am learning a ton and I try to better myself every day.

Hopefully I can send a few pictures that I thought were cool this week from our zone activity last Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment